Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reunion of operación Triunfo – The New Dia.com

By Carlitos Pérez-Ruiz/ Special to The New Day

BARCELONA – While in Spain’s operación Triunfo became the gateway for many young music lovers, in Puerto Rico, a viewer found a new passion for journalism and communications.

I Still find it amazing to think that fifteen years have passed since the onset of one of the most important programs of television in Spain and Latin America thanks to the broadcasts on the international channel TVE.

Shortly after, the simplicity, empathy and accessibility with who came to present to our Island her first album, Heart, Latin, led me to more interested in the career of David Bisbal and of the phenomenon starring the members of idol.

At that time, I pursued studies in Business Administration at the University of Puerto Rico, and I decided to try a different destination and get into the world of the School of Public Communication from the same institution.

Months later, I decided that it was time to expand her horizons. So the things I moved to pursue studies as part of a student exchange at the University Complutense of Madrid. As part of this I had the opportunity to work as a correspondent for the now defunct magazine TeveGuía.

I Remember the first press conferences and interviews, he was sure that in front of me had one of the great figures of the Latin world, 15 years after I am sure that I was not wrong – judging by the sales and success of your career.

For those things of fate, the phenomenon of OT had much success in Puerto Rico and the demand for stories to publish in the magazine increased. I moved all over Spain trying to find news of these talents and I will always remember the kindness of David Bisbal.

I Had the opportunity to cover a press conference with more than 80 international journalists in the Spanish capital for the occasion of the launch of the summer tour most awaited then, Bulería, the second of Bisbal.

Puerto Rico there were only I and the colleague Cristina Fernández, who now directs the coverage of entertainment and lifestyle for GFR Media, but who at the time was a very young reporter who, like I was looking for a space among the sea of media representatives.

Pink, Chicago and Geno during the concert held last night at the Palau St. Jordi of Barcelona. (Afp)

This concert tour the reseñé not only during the opening date in Almería, but also in cities like Cordoba and Avila. This last one I went to because it came to me to say during a brief meeting at the airport of Almeria that had not been his best night on the stage.

David is an artist, exacting and very professional. The is not one more that was a 'reality show' to gain popularity and we need to be clear when they celebrate 15 years of the production.

Ended my days as a journalist for for entertainment media such as Teve Guide, magazine See, the show of Wapa, Magazine, and Tv y Novelas USA. However, not ended the talks with Spain and with whom he had become a good friend.

This weekend, thanks to David and his team I am in Barcelona and I have had the opportunity to attend rehearsals and the concert OT "The Reunion" that it was practically impossible to get tickets.

it Is impossible to describe with words the energy that it can be seen here. Entire families, thirties that still have posters and promotional material of that time. Not to speak of the members of OT, who have enjoyed the experience to the fullest. Last night, the evening began with the girls at OT singing "Lady Marmalade" one of the songs worked on during the presentation of the reality, the experience certainly was very different. Without a doubt, music is the common thread of good stories.

The author is a journalist, communicator and currently working in the management of artists.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment