Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Auctioned unpublished letters between Frida Kahlo and her lover – John 8

The auction house Doyle New York will go on sale next Monday a batch of Frida Kahlo unpublished letters sent to her lover Spanish cartoonist and painter Josep Bartolí.

It was in the city of New york exactly where artists met and began a passionate romance that remained registered in more than one hundred pages written between August 1946 and November 1949, making up the correspondence found . They Frida Kahlo tells his lover about his illness, talks about her relationship with her husband, Diego Rivera and his difficulty painting. But the declarations of love are the most attractive of the cards.

“My Bartolí … I do not know how to write love letters. But I wanted to tell you that my entire being is open to you. Since I fell for you all has been transformed and is full of beauty .. . Love is like a scent, like a stream, like rain. You know, my heaven, Llueves in me and I, like the earth, I receive. Mara, “says one of them. Mara was the name used to sign Kahlo and would be a diminutive of “Wonderful” nickname he would have Bartolí.

In some of the first letters the artist implied that had been delayed and suspected pregnancy “If you were not in the condition in which I am and I was really, nothing would make me happier. ¿ You can imagine a small Bartolí or Mara? ”

Bartolí kept correspondence until his death in 1995 and his family subsequently sold it to its current owner, who now auction. It is expected that the cards are listed 80,000 to $ 120,000.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment