Thursday, January 28, 2016

Michael Jackson told Oprah that there was meant to be played by a white – Vanguardia.com.mx

México.- Not everyone was pleased with the announcement that actor Joseph Fiennes, white skin, play the King of Pop in the television production “Elizabeth, Michael & amp; Marlon ‘.

Probably the own Michael Jackson show his discontent, because in 1993 in an interview with Oprah Winfrey the singer said he would not be pleased to have a white player play him on the screen.

At that time, Oprah questioned whether it was true that he was looking for a fair-skinned child to play him in a commercial for Pepsi, to which the King of Pop said:

“That’s stupid. It’s the most ridiculous and horrible story I’ve ever heard. First, it’s my face as a child in the commercial. I as a child. Why would I want a white child interpret me? I’m a black American. I’m proud of my race. I’m proud of who I am. It’s like you, Oprah, wanted an oriental person interpreted to you as a kid. Does that make sense? “

” No, “was the response conductive. “So please, people stop believing these horror stories,” concluded Jackson.

Of course, at that time the singer refuted that he wanted a white child for Pepsi commercial and not . discussing the possibility that someone gave life to a television or film production

During the interview, Oprah pressed the issue and asked Jackson: “The fact that the color of your skin is obviously different than it was when you were younger … has caused much speculation. Your skin is clearer because you do not like being black? “

The singer said he suffered from vitiligo, a disease that damages the skin pigmentation, and said: “When people make up stories that I would not be who I am, it hurts It’s a problem for me it can not control, ok..?”

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment