Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Colombian film takes Cannes experience – El Colombiano

Cannes is a town in southeastern France. Its shores are a great tourist attraction, but his fame comes from the International Film Festival, now it reaches its 68th edition.

Colombia, with movies Alias ​​Mary Land and shadow Hug Snake and Contestants will compete in various sections of the festival.

In addition, it will seek to improve its presentation of 2014, in which the Antioquia Simon Mesa, with the film Leidi , won in the short film section and where people of good (to debut in the country) of Franco Lolli, competed in the Week section of the Review.

THE COLOMBIAN He spoke with Lolli about his experience as a participant and visitor to the Festival of Cannes, a place to rub shoulders with the best in the industry, but also to learn a little more of the city that each year hosts the cream of world cinema.

What changes brought participating in the Festival de Cannes?

“I had the opportunity to be selected with two works. In 2012 with the short Rodri and in 2014 with my first film People of Good. Both teams changed the fate of the movies and, basically, my life. Cannes is a festival that gives more visibility to an author and have gone twice allowed me to get on the radar of international producers and distributors and the press worldwide. No Cannes, possibly People Well never have had the success it is having on the world, especially in France. “

How are these days during the festival, participants make?

“I do four things, basically: I watch movies, I go to parties, I go to the sea (and pool) and make contacts.”

How which characters rub shoulders during the Festival?

“One rubs shoulders with everyone (or almost) but more or less away. I lived in France for over 10 years, so I go to most sites operated by the French industry (and I rub shoulders with directors and producers, etc.). But never with Hollywood stars, who are in most exclusive places in the same Festival. Cannes is perhaps the most elite place I have been … “.

What was the involvement of people of good?

” Unbelievable. They saw at least 2,000 people (including all projections) and it went very well. The press praised us a lot and the audience was moved (still many people came to see me in tears). The applause lasted long, we were really happy there. “

How do you expect Colombia receive your film?

” The movie comes out this May 28 (one year after showing it for the first time in Cannes) and I think it will be well received. We have shown at festivals in Cartagena and Barranquilla and in both the public left shocked and happy. I think that is because it is an intelligent but entertaining film, far from the disputed issues of national cinema. I invite the public to see, because the success of out not mean much if it does in Colombia. I made the film for Colombians and hope you join me to the rooms! “.

Any recommendations for those who compete in Cannes this time?

“enjoy it. Participation involves a lot of stress, but the important thing is to live well the time to show the film there, it’s amazing, because one does not know when he will play again. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment