Monday, May 25, 2015

“Dheepan” French Jacques Audiard, won the Palme d’Or in … – euronews

The 68th edition of the Festival de Cannes has rewarded this year for French cinema. The jury, chaired by the Coen brothers, announced the title of the film winning the Palme d’Or of this year. “Dheepan” a film of love and violence directed by Jacques Audiard

French director I had already received at Cannes in 2009, Grand Jury Prize for his film “A Prophet”.

“This is a very risky film, from my point of view. For me it was a surprise that my films have enjoyed both. I’m surprised, really, and very happy. In addition were the Coen brothers who have given me the award. It is always impressive taking the stage at the same scenario by which have passed all those in which I am inspired to continue making movies, “said Audiard after receiving the award.

The film tells the story of a former soldier, a woman and a girl, fleeing the civil war in Sri Lanka, posing as a family. Established in the suburbs of Paris and barely know each other, the three try to start a family.

“Son of Saul”, the first film of the Hungarian Laszlo Nemes, received the Grand Jury Prize this year. The film chronicles the horrors experienced by the Jews in the concentration camp of Auschwitz.

“I think the Holocaust is still something that haunts us in this continent. Is still there, you can feel it, it’s like an open wound. I think that new generations must know what happened, must be able to talk about it openly. So we decided to make this movie, “said Nemes after the ceremony

The award for Best Actress went this year on two actresses. American Rooney Mara, for the film” Carol “and the French Emmanuelle Bercot by “Mon Roi” Maïwenn.

“If today I am here is because I intepretase Maïwenn wanted the lead role of his film. I’m not a famous actress, I’m not a young actress. But she give equal standards. Always he does what you want. When you have an idea actually you decide to do whatever it takes. Thanks to her I could play this great role, “he told reporters Bercot.

” Mon Roi “Tony is admitted to a rehabilitation center after suffering a skiing accident. During his stay in the middle, Tony recalls the tumultuous history that has lived with a man named Georgio.

Vincent Lindon at Cannes this year won the award for Best Actor for his role in the film ” La loi du marché “Stéphane Brizé.

” An actor can not do without a director who wants it, you want good, you see him favorably. So Stéphane received the award with me. Is this an award for Best Actor? In this film I’m always in front of the camera so I think it’s also a prize for the best film role. I’m very happy for him, for letting out for the first time in his life the actor who carries within, “said Lindon.

” La loi du marché “tells the story of Thierry, a 51- years who loses his job and has to face the harshness
the current labor market.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment