Tuesday, November 3, 2015

‘The North Pole is to be found within us’ – The Herald

Winner of an Oscar for The Inglés Patient (1996) and queen of European auteur cinema, Juliette Binoche travels darker soul in No one wants the night, The last film in the Spanish Isabel Coixet and an invitation to embrace “our inner animal”.

The film is a fiction based on real facts that tells the adventure, first epic and intimate then, Josephine Peary in the footsteps of her husband, Robert Peary, the first explorer to reach the North Pole in the early twentieth century.

“Somehow we all go through that. We are born full of strength and desire to conquer the world, and along the way discover emotions, jealousy, anger, pride, which may frighten, but if you walk on them, allow you to reach a new level of consciousness. Let’s say that the North Pole is to be found within us, “reflected the actress in an interview.

Binoche knows of what he speaks. Franca, generous in their responses without leaving the smile, sometimes carcajadas-, the muse of Krzysztof Kieslowski or Michael Haneke confesses that he has gone through many bumps in both its personal and professional life.

“I had a Crisis after The Lovers on the Bridge (1991). I went through so many difficulties that movie that raised me to stop acting. I went to my drama teacher for advice, to tell him it was too hard job, you’re always ready to burn and could not more. But she told me not to talk, I had to return to acting and was going to help me, “he says.

” I came again before Cache (2005) there was a period as a year and a half did not want to work, I had no desire. It’s the most horrible feeling I’ve had in my life, because I had also never happened to me before, I had references, “he continues.

” I had gone through situations of jealousy, anger, whatever, I know it. But no, I do not know, “he admits with a laugh that show that out of there.

Acting is a leap, you never know what will come out, you completely naked deliveries to the will of the director

Juliette Binoche, actress

“In the end, life and fire back to you,” he says. “It’s not just a matter of will, you have to let it happen. Sometimes we want something with such determination, my character as Josephine, that that will just block you. “

From André Téchiné Abbas Kiarostami, Leos Carax or mentioned Haneke and Kieslowski, Binoche has worked with nearly all the great European filmmakers -a coast three times to reject Steven Spielberg, for example, and has built an unrivaled reputation based skip their own limits, again and again.

“Acting is a leap, you never know how it will come out, you completely naked to the will of the principal deliveries, “he says. “It’s a process of transformation, each of your cells have to believe what is happening.”

after shooting, he explains, when you discover where you have been and usually, almost always, she knows what is good.

“Just once, with John Boorman (Country of My Skul, 2004), I happened that I took for good a shot and he told me not which could get deeper, and I was surprised, because he usually always work with one shot, “recalls

.” To me that was a problem; I said I could not shoot him, because his method did not allow me to deepen. And he not only made an exception but in a difficult scene, when I said, ‘that is, I can not anymore’, answered ‘yes you can’. And I was so excited that went beyond “.

Isabel Coixet highlights its way to move the camera” as a painter with a brush “and his management style, not so much giving orders as leaving” that things happen. “

For the Spanish director, Binoche was the first and almost the only option to get into the skin of Peary. Three words are enough to explain: “It’s the best”.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment