Thursday, September 3, 2015

Stanley Tucci: ‘If anyone can stop abuses Francisco Church is the pope’ – Trade

‘Spotlight’, film Tom McCarthy on child abuse by priests in the Catholic Church, He shuddered and thrilled critics in the Venice Film Festival .

The film, which will raise blisters on the Catholic Church, focuses on research team that made the American newspaper reporters Boston Globe , which uncovered systematic abuses in a predominantly Catholic city like Boston, in the Northeastern United States. Stanley Tucci, One of the protagonists along with Mark Ruffalo, Michael Keaton, Rachel McAdams, and Liev Schreiber, considered today, September 3, The new pontiff, the Argentine Jorge Bergoglio, can play an important role in the resolution of this dark chapter in the Church.

“I think the new Pope is extraordinary in bringing the Catholic Church to the XXI century. And I think if anyone can help stop such abuses in the future he is, “he said. Tom McCarthy , the director of the film, said he shared the view Tucci on the new Pope, but did not hide his skepticism.

“After doing this film I remain pessimistic about a change in the Catholic Church,” he told the press conference. “I received a Catholic education , my family is Catholic and I think I still am to some extent. However, words are one thing and actions are another. I have high hopes for the Pope Francisco, but what will happen remains to be seen, so I think we will have to wait. “

Video: YouTube / Movieclips Coming Soon

In addition, he said he did not expect a reaction from the Church. “I would love to be wrong. I love that the Pope saw the film that cardinals and bishops and any priest interested to see. It is not an attack on the Church. It is a story that truly heals, and is a step, probably a small step, “said the filmmaker, who was received with loud applause for this work that appears to just 530 kilometers from the Vatican .

Ruffalo, who accompanied Tucci and McCarthy at the press conference, said that the film focuses on contrasting issues and is an opportunity “to be begin to heal wounds not only the victims but for all people who lost their faith when these abuses were uncovered. ” “I hope the Vatican use the film as a perfect opportunity to begin to make amends, not only to their victims and their lives destroyed (…) I hope you use this very, very sober and, I believe, to cure judicious history Church wounds inflicted also. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment