Thursday, September 24, 2015

Elena Anaya against “the hopelessness of fate” – El Universal (Venezuela)

Elena Anaya not to. Just landed in Venice, where he presented the Chilean The memory of water , comes to San Sebastian with Away from the sea , a drama that marks the return of Imanol Uribe to the theme of Basque conflict and presented today out of competition at the event.

The Spanish actress plays 40 Marina, whom life puts face to face with the ETA that killed his father. In an interview with dpa, Anaya talks about the hopelessness of fate, the need to communicate and Infiltrator , his next film with former Breaking Bad Bryan Cranston.

– What was it that attracted you to the script for a film about embarking on such a thorny topic

As always, the story? yes, that big need for the human being to explore the depths of the soul and to convey what you feel. For me, the film is about the inevitable fate, how can life sometimes leave us offside before putting unexpected situations. And I was very attracted to the story of these two people regardless of who they were or what they had done. In addition, the film looks wonderful Imanol me and he seems to me an extraordinary type

-. How would you define Marina and why you think that way reacts

It’s someone who has marked the rest of his life after a brutal tragedy (…) that he has run away, go away from everything. He is a character with many absences, with many gaps, apparently with personal and professional success, but with a very truncated life and a very large wound, and with little need for someone to stop for a moment the clock and asked how it is or help you express

-. How to set the character? Did you talk to any victim of the conflict?

‘First we talk a lot of history, what message Imanol wanted to tell. And then, much analyzing her past: she is a woman trained to save lives in a fierce way, impeccable doctor, but then his life is a mess. It has a very strong bond with madness and death. He is a person that if he could have buried alive with all their emotions. In that sense, my therapist helped me understand something as concrete as the pain of my character, but that irremediable destiny. And that inspired me a lot

-.? Have you felt dizzy questions or thinking that the film could offend sensibilities

I think any filmmaker has the right to tell stories like this, two people, as in a Greek tragedy, Imanol has put together face to face to get away from all that talk about what happens and try to heal your life. I do not know how it can affect this film, but of course it is made with the best intentions, with all the respect and absolute love. For me the message of the script was the importance of being able to communicate what you feel. How many families, how much damage would be easier to bear if they shared, if not intentasen put under carpets of houses

-. What then is finally prepared Spanish society for a story like that?

-Imanol has waited 20 years to tell this story and I think there is something that, of the need to talk, to be able to make a movie like this, freely, with love and respect. I think we should already start to drop. Many people have told me, “I have really wanted to see and what good it can make movies about it.” And I think it’s a film for the world, led to a kind of audience or a particular ideology

-. In addition to “The Memory of Water” in the It has also recently filmed in Argentina or Mexico. How do you assess that experience in your career?

I love to go to work elsewhere. If you speak in your language it is simpler, but when I had to learn other, what I’ve done. I think that Latin America is becoming an increasingly flawless film, sweeping and made me feel very proud to have been there, to continue growing in my work and have the confidence of the directors and the public.

– recently finished filming “Infiltrator”, what can you tell us about your character

‘The film tells the true story a type (Rober Mazur) that infiltrated. Bryan Cranston plays him, which I can not love more in every way. He and other customs police infiltrated (cartels in Colombia) for six years, posing as a couple who were getting married, and rubbed shoulders and close friends all became more ill. I’m Gloria Alcaíno, the wife of one of the most important money launderers history, working for Escobar, and close friend of the two infiltrators ago. The infiltration of truth, which I have had contact by e-mail, told me that my character was a mixture of Margaret Thatcher and smiling, Catholic woman, a better mother and homemaker who had never met. It took much do

-.? When the meet again in theater

Oh, I love, I have really wanted . Kabul (2007) I went to Iceland with Gael García Bernal (for adaptation of Together ) and it was fun. We were in Reykjavik and then turns to Mexico, but I have not seen and would love to do more.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment