Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Thursday “irrational Man”, the latest Woody Allen premieres – LaCapital.com.ar

The New York filmmaker said crime serves “to tell other stories, as with the Greek tragedy or Shakespeare’s texts”. “We’ve all fantasized once with the perfect murder”.

On Thursday Woody Allen returns to Argentine cinema.

“unreasonable man”, his most recent film work, starring Joaquin Phoenix, Emma Stone and Parker Posey.

The film, part romantic comedy, part noir with premieres perfect crime, looks like a variant of other titles of his vast harvest either “Crimes and Misdemeanors,” “Manhattan Murder Mystery” or “Match Point.”

The New York director talked about a movie recounting with Stone, who has become his latest muse (see separate article), and said that “we have all fantasized once with the perfect murder”.

As a child, Woody Allen was concerned about three things: baseball, magic and murder. And on this last tour the grounds of “unreasonable man”, a film in which the filmmaker explores infidelity and mortality in equal measure. The film, which also opens in Rosario, follows in the footsteps of the love affair between a teacher of alcoholic and depressive philosophy (Phoenix) and a young student (Stone) attracted by existential fate of someone allegedly so bright, that will end being related to a crime.

Allen, director of more than 45 films, admitted to the press that every so often choose to write the script for a film about a murderer without remorse. “I’m interested in serious stories as” Crime and Punishment “and” Macbeth “but also movies of Alfred Hitchcock, who are very well done,” he said, adding: “It’s a subject that interests me, I like to read and see. The narrative content is important, I like my films have substance. When I shot “Match Point” was not just a movie to watch on the plane, he said something else. It was worth the attempt because it had drama and murder he helped me to tell other stories couples, like Greek tragedy or Shakespeare. “

Then he explained:”. Of all the Russians, Dostoevsky is the first I read “Crime and Punishment” was essential for me, and “Notes from the Underground” was one of the great discoveries of my life. My interest in philosophy was aroused when he was 20. It was then that I discovered how philosophy appeared in Dostoevsky and Kafka, and then in the films of Bergman. This was very evident in Dostoevsky; Thus, it became a real concern to me “p>

p align => “.”; all his idealism, his whole life … “mused the director of” Manhattan. “” He does not care to live or die and nothing works in existence. His thoughts, however noble, no sense, and his friends leave. The funny thing here is the religious aspect; he wins his faith in something totally irrational course, but no more irrational than Catholicism or Judaism or any other religion. He believes in his new faith and his life begins to revolve around her, but, unfortunately, is not the kind of decision you have to take, “he said, mysterious, Allen.

Joaquin, the largest The filmmaker also said he had not any actors in mind while creating this complex character He said. “But when I finished I read the script and I said to myself: I want get someone really attractive, handsome, kind Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio, and that was when the name of Joaquin came and caught me.

When you have the opportunity to work with someone like Joaquin, you automatically get a troubled, confused character. Phoenix’s body language is very expressive, has its own rhythm when walking and talking. “He joked that Phoenix” is a sweet, friendly guy, nobody would say that is a tortured and complicated mind. “

During one of the press conferences to talk about the new film a reporter asked why he thought it provided “unreasonable man” to his films, the director of “Annie Hall” replied he did not know, adding as usual: “The truth is I hate my films. I never see them again because one would catastrophes. I think this time was especially interested in the purely aesthetic instinct of murder. I think that aesthetics and the risk factor is in fact what really pushes the protagonist, this professor of philosophy who has bottomed in his life, to take action. “

” All have fantasized once with the perfect murder “finally rounded the director of” Radio Days “

.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment