Wednesday, September 2, 2015

James Bond author apologizes – The Universal

Anthony Horowitz, author whom the family of Ian Fleming commissioned to write a new novel about James Bond, apologized after unleashing a controversy in which was involved the British actor Idris Elba.

Horowitz offered A few days ago an interview with Daily Mail in which he asked about the new novel and also about the possibility that a black actor in movie interpreter 007.

Especially asked for his opinion on Idris Elba who has been designated to become the new star of the tapes, once Daniel Craig leave paper.

“Idris Elba is a great actor, but I can think of other black actors who would do better (he named Adrian Lester). For me, Idris Elba is too hard for the role. It is not a matter of color. I think it’s very ‘street’ to be Bond. Is it a question of being soft? Yes. “

Immediately, social networks were filled with comments against the writer, who came to clarify its position in Twitter :” I am sorry that my comments on Idris Elba have offended. I did not mean … Awkwardly I chose the word ‘street’ and I admit it was a bad choice. “ Editor

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment