Saturday, January 21, 2017

Emma Stone: “My job is to risk the humiliation” – ElEspectador.com

Described as a modern version of Julia Roberts, with the naturalness of Sandra Bullock and the charism of Meg Ryan, Emma Stone seems to have inherited the reign of the romantic comedies in Hollywood. And with the company of Ryan Gosling demonstrates in the new film The Land, where in addition to surprising singing and dancing, recovering a style of film that seemed to have been lost since the era of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

Sandra Bullock once told me that it was romantic comedies by the lack of romance in her personal life. Is it possible to get the complete balance between the love for the career and love on a personal level?

Oh, God, no, no, the importance of the balance sheet is huge, but I think that is something that feels any person.

do you think that it is possible to achieve true happiness when it only achieved professional success without having someone with whom to share it?

I think that balance is a very important issue in any race, between the work and the children and the marriage, or the situation is in life. I think it is very important to find a balance. It is interesting because in the life style of the creative must have a lot of love for the work, really have a feeling of love for the profession. And that kind of balance between the love for work and love in life is quite interesting. I guess that is something very personal, but for me it would be very difficult to make sense of my life without having some element of the two.

In the city of Scottsdale, which many describe as a "desert version of Miami’s South Beach," Emma Jean Stone was born November 6, 1988, in the age in which the Hollywood cinema showed to Julia Roberts in Mystic Pizza, Michael Keaton in Beetlejuice and Bruce Willis in the first version of Die Hard. She, however, recently took early acting lessons at the Youth Theatre of Phoenix, at the age of 11, making its debut up on the stage with the production The Wind in The Willows and with only 15 years he decided to devote his life to acting. Is more, she herself prepared a submission on the computer, with the music of Madonna and the title "Project Hollywood" to convince her parents that would allow her to quit studies and move to Hollywood. Much before the film, Emma Stone had already appeared with his famous hairstyle redhead in the role of one of the stepsisters of Cinderella in a play. And when she moved with mother to Los Angeles, I h ad that same color when she appeared singing competition on VH1, In search of the family Partridge (where he got the role of Laura Partridge). That is why it is not so true the internet rumor that says that in the filming of the movie Superbad, Judd Apatow had suggested that change for the redhead that made it so well known. The new change to the blonde original came with the movie The amazing Spider-Man, because her character Gwen Stacy could not be confused with the red-headed Mary Jane (which did not appear in the film, even though Shailene Woodley had filmed the scenes in that role… tinged with red). And as Emma had also filmed the second film, when she starred in with Michael Keaton, Birdman kept the same color, but turned back to the redhead to star in the Broadway musical Cabaret and the film The Land, even though I had already decided to return to blonde at the time of our interview.

how difficult were the first steps of his career in Hollywood, compared with the history of his character in the film "La La Land"?

For me, it was all very strange, because I was 15 and could only study at home. I was almost all the time with my mom. The adjustment was very large. He had come to Hollywood from Arizona, which is quite different. But he also had a certain desperation to move to New York, even though I knew that I had to be in Los Angeles for work. But when she was already almost 21, I moved to New York and I’m there from eight years ago.

In reality, have you ever experienced the test of action shows the movie, where the director of "casting" on the phone and not given the slightest attention to the actors?

Definitely yes.

what Are always so humiliating tests of "casting" in Hollywood?

don’t see it as well… Can be a little humiliating, but also our work on a daily basis is to risk the humiliation. This must be why we don’t take such into account those auditions, where someone never looks at us or is always on the phone. But I know that this was the first hearing test that had Ryan (Gosling) when he was a teenager. I agree most of the times when I had no hearing. Those are the worst memories that you feel rejected.

have you Never thought on give up after a bad test of "casting"?

Totally, many times. I got to the point of crying on the floor, but after I woke up thinking to try one more time, one more day. I remember a test that I had for the chapter, a pilot of a series, with the casting director Allison Jones. And you could tell it was as he had seen me in the worst of his life. Those are the moments in which I feel totally rejected. There are looks that speak for themselves.

what came back to see the same director of "audition" after that bad hearing?

Yes, I was 15 years old, and in the season of the chapters television pilots I had to see her quite a bit. That is also brutal, the season of pilots, because when you try to make you sign a contract for seven years, where you commit to if you decide to choose you. And when you get close and in the end it comes out… After signing the contract, everything is in nothing, it’s like throwing to the garbage the seven years that you had imagined. But with Allison it went something interesting: two years from know, at the end of a Friday, he asked me out the next day to put me in a movie that she felt that she could get to work. And it turned out to be Superbad, the beginning of it all, the big reason that I got the other jobs. If you notice, all the rejections led me down that path. Are pieces of a puzzle that ends up completing when I look back in life.

how Much time he had to prepare for the choreography of "La La Land"?

we Had almost three months. For the film, or even the theatre, it is a very long time. It was great because I was able to take classes in tap and ballroom dance with choreographies that were also changing as I was improving. That’s why it was so important to be able to also have the time to spend. I don’t think that would have worked well otherwise.

Ryan Gosling is the third film that film together after "Crazy Stupid Love" and "Gangster Squad".

Yes, it is that it is so easy to work with him… it Was very fun to go back to work together because there was a time that we did not. I think it was four years or something like that. And between the filming of Crazy Stupid Love and Gangster Squad nor was there too much time. That is why it is wonderful to make something so ambitious as the film La La Land with someone who I know and who I trust so much.

And what they spent three months rehearsing in the dance classes?

In reality, most of the time we were separated so that each one would learn by his side. After we got together on the end, to learn the choreography and ballroom dancing at the same time. But we basically had to learn on their own, because of the inexperience we had been delayed. And the two we wanted to spread our wings individually. It was very entertaining. The part of the dance, honestly, was my favorite.

What the most difficult part of filming?

The last song of the film, in front of the casting directors. In some ways it was like Birdman, when they used to ask me about the pressure of filming a single shot. But the truth, the pressure is much bigger when I have to film a scene with other people, because it is brutal to shoot a long scene if something goes wrong and I am the one that ruined the work of others. But if I am alone, I have no problems in saying that I am an idiot to repeat a decision, instead of ruining the best scene to Ryan.

fabian@waintal.com

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment