Saturday, January 28, 2017

Dies the british actor John Hurt, the iconic protagonist of “The elephant man” – BBC World

John Hurtcopyrighted image Getty Images
Image caption The british actor was particularly known for his starring role in “The elephant man”.

John Hurt, the british actor known for his roles in films like “The elephant man” and the saga of Harry Potter died on Friday, according to its representative to the media.

The actor was nominated for two Oscar awards, one as lead actor for “The elephant man” and another as best supporting actor for Midnight Express (“midnight express”), but was not able to neither of the two.

Other prominent roles in his career were in the productions of the BBC Dr. Who” and “I, Claudius”, or in the movie Alien.

Your interpretation more aclamada it was the John Merrick in the David Lynch movie “The elephant man” (1980), set in the London of the NINETEENTH century.

Hurt was decorated as Knight in the Uk in 2015. That same year he was diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas.

The film director Mel Brooks described it as a “immortality kinematics” in one of the many tributes which he paid to the star.

Image caption John Hurt, left, starred in the BBC series, “Dr. Who”.

More than 100 movies

Hurt was one of the british actors most well-known and versatile.

he was Born on 22 January 1940 in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

In a range of more than six decades, he has participated in more than 120 films as well as in several plays and television programs.

he Studied interpretation in London in the decade of the 60.

The film critic and historian Geoff Andrew once asked how managed to embroider a few performances so memorable.

copyrighted image Rex Features
Image caption The actor told them that they need hours each day to characterize it as elephant man.

“The only way I can describe it is that I put everything I can into the barrel of my mind, and I hope that it will ferment and produce a decent wine,” he replied.

“How it happens that process… I’m sorry to tell you that I can not describe it.”

The elephant man

His film more well-known, “The elephant man”, received eight Oscar nominations, including best actor for Hurt, but not got none.

in an interview In 1980, Hurt recalled the complex process of makeup that is submitted in order to make this film, in which his character is warped.

“I Never thought that I needed eight hours to apply all of the material, do a day’s work in itself! There were 16 different pieces in this mask,” he said.

“With all that makeup, I could not be sure of what he was doing. I had to rely completely on the director.”

copyrighted image AFP
Image caption The actor was recognized as a Knight in 2015.

Multiple deaths

in Both the film and the television, Hurt starred in multiple deaths.

“I Think I have the record,” he said on one occasion. the “there Came a point in that my children don’t ask me if I was dying, but how I died”, added.

With the title The Many Deaths of John Hurt (“The many deaths of John Hurt”), a YouTube video collects their death dummy in 4 minutes and 30 seconds, from The Wild and the Willing (1962) to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011): a total of 40.

One of the deaths most memorable was her character Kane, the first victim in Alien (Ridley Scott, 1979) in which it falls on a table and an alien with the shape of a serpent comes out of his chest.

Her most recent role was that of the priest Richard McSorley in the film Jackie, (2016), by chilean director Pablo Larraín.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment