Friday, September 23, 2016

Ewan Mc Gregor convinces in San Sebastian with “Pastoral Americana” – Telam

the special Envoy

The scots actor Ewan McGregor convinced the public of San Sebastián, with "Pastoral americana, an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Philip Roth starred in and in which he debuted as a film director, where she embodies a father crossed by the pain at the loss of his only daughter, recruited by a terrorist group in full ferment anti-war military during the Vietnam War, and which presented this Friday in european premiere at the festival.

Ewan McGregor presented the film "Pastoral Americana, an adaptation of the famous novel by Philip Roth


Accompanied by the Oscar winner Jennifer Connelly, who in the film plays his wife, a woman who loses her head when her daughter disappears and is accused of being the author of an attack, McGregor said that filming his opera prima as director was "a big backpack of responsibility, a great weight that I did not know but that it was also bright and beautiful".

The well-remembered actor in "Trainspotting", "Moulin Rouge" and the episodes I, II and III of the saga "Star Wars" is competing for the Golden Shell, the highest award of the festival of san sebastian, with this family drama and political-based on the novel written in 1997 by the american Philip Roth, winner of the Pulitzer Prize and the National Medal of Arts.

"For 8 or 9 months I lived inside of his novel, he wanted to feel the taste of Roth in the film. When he saw me he made several positive comments. I think that if I hadn’t liked him, I had felt that I had failed," said McGregor at a press conference that took place in front of a hundred journalists in the Kursaal Palace of this city.

"Pastoral americana" tells the story of Seymour Levov, the “Swede", a man remembered for being an athlete greatly skillful in the secondary school of a small town american, and then became a successful businessman, and married the ex-beauty queen from New Jersey.

His life seemed happy and enviable until his teenage daughter, a young lady tartamuda awareness of the war crimes of americans in other countries of the world, and especially in Vietnam, disappears for years after being accused of putting a pump in a service station, as a gesture of revolutionary against the government of their country.

In that moment of the late '60s, in the united States are living days of ferment, deeds of the revolutionary demonstrations, antiwar, civil unrest, repression and death, a certain radicalisation of the social that produces images similar to those that can be seen today in news about marches against institutional violence or the death of innocent blacks at the hands of police officers.

"I Wanted to tell the story of that period of united States through the tragedy of this family. There are many similarities and unfortunately occur the same things today. You see the same images on the united States. It seems that we keep circling and returning to the past," said the actor, who has just film -20 years later – the sequel to "Trainspotting", once again to the orders of Danny Boyle.

Pastoral Americana.


"we Shot 'Trainspotting 2' with the same actors and part of the same technical team of the first delivery. It was like going back home, I missed a lot to Danny, because I feel that he got the best of me and marked me as an actor. I was very much afraid of re-interpreting this character 20 years later, but I felt fantastic," added the actor about the film, which will premiere next January in England.

In relation to your first work as a director, McGregor said: "All the directors that I worked I was influenced in some way, many were artists of great talent, and from them I learned many things, especially what not to do. Also, I think that there is not a single way to run".

"The leadership has to do with your personality. I am an actor and this film went from that place, thinking that he wanted to put the emphasis on the interpretation of my colleagues," added the performer, who in the film plays a father torn by the despair, and the relentless search for his daughter.

"I Wanted to interpret the Swedish before directing the film. Wanted to be made one way or the other because I dreamed of this role for three years. Did not want to leave it and when they told me I was going to film it, it seemed like a good way to run and interpret the same role at the same time. Acting and directing became a task for me", he recalled.

For Jennifer Connelly, who stood at his side, "the character of the mother has a long journey and painful time with his daughter. I think he has a love potent and very pure for her. But he feels their rejection and that is something that is devastating to her. I think that the daughter destroys their lives and she does not know how to survive against it."

"My role is that of a strong woman, and brittle, with lots of complexity. The truth that I can’t imagine the fact of experiencing that kind of loss. I have three children and are a treasure to me," added Connelly, who recalled to David Bowie –with whom he worked on "Labyrinth"- as "a hero, not only for his talent but also for his great kindness. It was a daring person and talented".

The actress of "A brilliant mind" argued that "it was excellent to work with Ewan as a director because he is also an actor and, as such, knows that you have to narrow the focus of your character. That’s why we rehearsed and we visited a lot, and in addition we tested scenes in different ways and exploring all the time different directions".

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment