Saturday, September 12, 2015

Riddley Scott reveals that his real passion is western movies – El Universal (Venezuela)

Toronto -. The British director Ridley Scott revealed today at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) that despite being known for his science fiction movies, his true passion is the

Scott westerns., presented today in TIFF his latest film, “The Martian” played by actors including Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain, and tells the adventure of survival on the surface of Mars Abandoned American astronaut, recognized that small wanted to be a cowboy west.

“I grew up with Westerns, is what I saw on TV when I was a child. And usually starring John Wayne. So I grew up with the idea of ​​man against adversity or nature, “he said.

” I have always put in the boots of a cowboy. When I was 18 my parents thought it was silly for wanting to be a cowboy west.’ve never done a western, but I have always applied it to everything I do, “he said.

Scott added that in the case of” The Martian “what attracted him was the” excellent screenplay and adaptation of a wonderful novel “Andy Weir writer.

US actor Matt Damon, who plays in the film astronaut Mark Watney, a botanist at NASA is trapped on the red planet, coincided with Scott that the quality of the script by Drew Goddard, is what convinced him to make the movie.

“I read it once and immediately reread he did not believe me that I had ended so soon, “said the actor who won an Oscar in 1997, along with Ben Affleck, for the screenplay of” Good Will Hunting “.

Meanwhile, actress Jessica Chastain (” Zero Dark Thirty “, 2012) he said he enjoyed filming the scenes that simulate the weightlessness of space.

” It was fun, “he said.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment