Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Leonard Cohen confesses to be ready to die – Plaza De Armas

Leonard Cohen, poet, singer and novelist canadian had confessed that he was ready to die to the New Yorker magazine. The artist turned 82 years old at the end of the month of September last.

The age has not stopped Cohen. On the 21st of October will be published a new album, their fourteenth installment in a 49-year career. "You Want it Darker" (you want It darker) has been described as a "masterpiece" and a "classic" of the composer, by the few critics who have had access to it.

however, in an interview to David Remnick of The New Yorker, Cohen was "undressed" and stated that he is ready to die.
"do Not think that you will be able to finish those songs. Maybe, who knows?. And maybe get a second view, I don’t know. But do not attempt to join any spiritual strategy. I don’t mind that," said the composer.
"I have work to do. Take care of my affairs. I’m ready to die. I hope that is not too painful. That’s all for me," said Cohen.
the words of The novelist and poet canadian arrive shortly after the death of the one who was his muse in the past, Marianne Ihlen.

In a letter he sent to Ihlen two days before she died, Cohen said: "Well, Marianne, we came to this point where we are so old that our bodies will crumble and I think I’m going to follow very soon. I’m so close that if you stretch the hand, I think I can achieve mine."
Cohen has had a prodigious career as a musician. In his work he has explored various topics such as religion, politics, loneliness, sexuality, and personal relationships.
The canadian received the Prize of Asturias award for literature, she is also a member of the Hall of Fame of Rock and Roll.
The musician is the composer and author of the popular song "Hallelujah", which launched in 1984 and to date has been interpreted by various artists.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment