Sunday, July 3, 2016

Steven Spielberg: ” I never will direct a superhero movie ” – The Press

Steven Spielberg , in promoting his film The BFG ( The BFG ), based on the work of Roald Dahl , he said he never directed a production of superheroes.

Director analyzed creative process against a script that is not written by him or a story taken from another author.

“Over time, I’ve learned that my best films arise because the project choose me. Except the movies I’ve written. My approach when I get these scripts is whether I can relate the story to some part of my life . And if the answer is yes, I throw myself into it. Here I sensed that the girl Sofia trip to the land of the giants has to do with my child first visit to Universal Studios “he told El Pais.

Spielberg reminded Melissa Mathison , the writer of E. T. which adopted the juvenile classic and died in November 2015, just finished filming.

“It was a libretto by Melissa, a beautiful person, clean soul embodied in what he wrote . More than writer, for me it was a poetess. harbored a great concept of childhood , which I also have, and so their children protagonists have enormous wisdom and strength “.

Steven Spielberg , who considers himself a storyteller, regardless of the medium, the BFG is his first fairy tale.

“It’s my favorite Dahl book because it is also my children, and although they read many others, they always were attracted. And it is a film for them … when they were small, and a film to talk about what it means to grow, mature, for anyone who remember what it means to imagine the impossible “he adds.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment