Monday, October 6, 2014

Hugo Silva: “There is a public reconciliation with the Spanish film” – 20minutos.es

Hugo Silva will have the opportunity this year to see on the big screen with two films. A is Gods and dogs , a drama that is scheduled be released this Friday October 10 in which he plays a sparring to young aspiring boxer. The other Shrews , also a key tragicomic drama set in a flat in Madrid of Spain in the 50 His character, Carlos, is seductive and naughty neighbor a day, wounded and drunk Knocks 2 sisters, played by Macarena Gómez and Nadia de Santiago.

Convalescent, cause them awaken their female “hormones” and an unexpected outcome . Produced by Alex de la Iglesia, and directorial debut of Stephen Roel and Juanfer Andrew, Shrews is slated for release on Christmas Day. At the moment, this weekend has been presented at the Festival of Sitges.

In the press compared their performance with that of James Stewart in ‘Rear Window’, practically the whole movie locked in housing and “recovering” from the wound in the leg. That’s saying
. The truth is when Alex (of the Church) called me and knew that at least would be an honest and correct and good movie, I think it turned out we an awesome movie.

Your interpretation You may also remember, in part, to the award-winning Javier Bardem in The Sea Inside. Any interpretation difficult to perform, often bedridden
Well, what is difficult is to be told these things. From the outside it may seem difficult, but it has helped me to be bedridden. It has limited long to know where I could get my character. Also the fact that the film happens almost entirely in a flat situation may seem limited, but that floor, prostrate or that my characters can also be its own world.

What I like is that a director has a style How has your work, considering that the greater interpretive weight falls on the two female protagonists, Macarena Gomez and Nadia Santiago
A high percentage of my work has been in them. It was easy to fall in love, especially with the character of Nadia, who loves innocence, still retaining that air childish, naive. And with Macarena, amazing even look like mutated his body to go playing his character, Montse. The two, a treat.

How did the make-up sessions in the leg?
As these things go. With a lot of patience. The prosthesis is made with mold trabajazo my legs. I myself took pictures and sent them to my colleagues, who then asked me “but that has happened to you.” I answered them, which is a quiet fake , is cinema.

directors ‘Shrews’, Andrés Esteban Roel and Juanfran are newcomers in the film. Do not afraid to accept proposals that may come from new directors?
do not care. But here are two directors who carry a lot working on this film. Teachers are one of the leading film schools in Spain (the Madrid Film Institute) and have much experience in short films, music videos. Then on the set we saw that they were making a movie with style.

And having worked under two great filmmakers such as Alex de la Iglesia in ‘The Witches of Zugaramurdi’ and Almodóvar in ‘Lovers passengers’ acting enriches ¿
Enrich started with Alex, Pedro and Vicente Villanueva ( The opposite of love ) and I let myself. But .. on everything you love to be with directors who have a personality. You see a film Almodóvar and you just have to see a plane and a reverse shot of two actors to know that is Almodóvar. With Alex goes well. With Vincent, if you see his shorts, too. And in the end this is what makes me fall in love this job.

As for Spanish cinema, are in a historic year. The films that draw viewers to the movies are mostly Spanish, ‘Eight Basque surnames’, ‘Child’, ‘The minimum island’ soon ‘Torrente 5′ and certainly ‘Rec 4′ …
And hopefully also Gods and dogs

My dream is to have an industry in Spain that also incorporates the Latin American market Do you think you can help adar the final pull and attract that audience that always considers the worst Spanish film
Especially what excites me is that there is a reconciliation of the public, in general, in Spanish cinema. And it’s a sample of the Spanish cinema can reach the public and from many genres and different styles. It’s exciting because I think it starts a new stage. The public can go to see a film of Spanish cinema because you fancy really. Furthermore, in times of crisis creativity soars, and is happening now in many fields, including film.

As for creativity, plus an actor, do you plan maybe move to the direction or scriptwriting?
I’m doing my experiments. I’ve done Supercult , a short, a little monster. But it is still under construction. It is edited and sound stage. It’s a personal experiment with my friends, but you never know if there’s gonna be something else, continue with similar projects. I’ve spent years doing film and media studies, and it does feel like telling my stories, especially knowing what point of view I can have myself a story.

Is being on the other hand, control everything behind the scenes rather than in front
I really like the responsibilities of being in that other side. It is very rewarding to see it from another perspective, from the outside, and work with interpreters from another point of view. A creative level is very liberating. Although I think that the actors, who are very heavy, also contribute to the final outcome of the film.

Did you come any international offer, perhaps from Hollywood
I always say lately that I’m excited to work out, meet other industries. I also love to travel to work, I think it’s a very nice way to see a country, has happened with Colombia, Mexico … But really my dream is to have an industry that capitalizes on the Latin American market, which is what we have, we speak the same language and I still feel we have not given sufficient consideration of the possibilities. Hopefully someday my country a power cinema! In Spain there is talent and creativity to spare.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment