Saturday, October 4, 2014

Álex de la Iglesia’s debut as producer in Sitges – La Vanguardia

Álex de la Church, as director, is preparing a new film. Another of his delirious comedies such as ‘Crime ferpecto’ or ‘The Last Circus’. It will be called ‘My Big Night’ and be a savage satire of television. In this film wants to catch the moment when the happiness of a impostada Eve television special (which is filmed in June) is canned. ‘With extras they have to pretend they do not feel joy. It will be a very human comedy “, and do not know if he’s serious or joking. We talked in Sitges, chaotic festival (and fun) from the planet. But do not talk over ‘My big night’, there will be time. We talked about this and that, and of ‘Shrews’, his first film producing. In fact it is in Sitges for sale.

And now, producer
I like both movies that I would not just films I direct. I want more. I bet people with hope and strength. ‘Musarañas’ is the first. But Carolina (Bang the wife of Alex de la Iglesia) and I are going to produce much. The next phase is already mounting it. It’s called ‘Heroes of evil’, and has been directed by Zoe Berriatua.

Why has produced a film like ‘Shrews’
For me excited about the story. And because the direct Juanfer Andrés Esteban Roel, which are two veterans of film, but this debut worked with his enthusiasm and force rookie who barely knows anything (in that sense had the advantage: they know almost everything) . Because we have similar tastes, and have made a film with great force.

What is ‘Shrews’
The story of two women locked. The story takes place in the forties, Madrid. His life is a cage, as it was for so many women of the time. Enclosed with their fears and worries with their traumas and their resignations. Enclosed as Davis and Crawford in the film of Robert Aldrich, ‘What was Babe Jane?’, With the shared burden and transferred to the Spanish Civil War.

A movie women
film is almost a genre in itself, the gender of the women locked. A genre that has a great reference on ‘Gray Gardens’ 1973 documentary of the Maysles brothers, two relatives of Jacqueline Kennedy, mother and daughter, who lived isolated from the world as authentic homeless, the vast mansion Grey Gardens in the Hamptons of New York. It was our starting point. I understand this film as the transposition of one of those news ‘case’, with an air of ‘Yerma’ Garcia Lorca.

A realistic movie then?
Cinema is a lie that may be more real than life itself. I’m in Sitges because I love fantasy films, is the film that has built my life and my head. In this film I have formed as a person. No, ‘Shrews’ is not a realistic film. It is fantastic.

What is in fantastic cinema not found in other genres?
Knight gives me the feeling of being part of a family. Someone who enjoys the films of John Carpenter’s my friend, without knowing. As it is he who enjoys ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’, that’s my friend. The fantasy film opens a parenthesis with the actual horror, and allows me to move to another world. The fantastic life changing because it makes you everyday reality bearable. Reality has many shortcomings, right? Let’s say that reality is overrated.

You like fantasy and horror, but you never surrenders mood …
humor, for me, is a tool with which I defend life . It is also an instrument of knowledge. Humor helps to survive and to find out more. Humor requires freedom. Nothing is more free and sensible thing to laugh at yourself. Laughter is always true. It goes straight to the heart. If you laugh, you’re for.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment