Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Ariadna Gil: “We are losing the right to privacy” – La Vanguardia

Ariadna Gil stars in “L’altra border” by Andre Cruz. A parable of a world divided between citizens first and third. Where rights are won (and played) in a reality TV show. Where privacy has been abolished. If something has Cruz’s film is its ability to generate debate. As a film about a disturbing future, says the evils of the present. We spoke with Ariadna Gil, the protagonist, in the festival of Sitges where “L’altra border” is presented in the competition section.

From the pool of Bigas Luna in “Lola” to “A Streetcar Named Desire” on stage half Spain . 1986, when he began his career in front of the cameras, the Sitges festival these days. Ariadna Gil (Barcelona, ​​1969) stars ‘ L’altra border ‘, André Cruz . “Am I can take a picture with you?” and one help: pick up the phone and smiling fan immortalizes the moment with the actress. Sitges is one of the few festivals where everything is within reach of hand. Even the stars. “It happens so little that it does not bother me,” says Ariadna Gil. “For people who generally asks for a photo is nice and friendly,” he adds.

How embarks on “L’altra border”
First, the script. I appreciated very suggestive history of a mother who, with her son, after a war, reaches a kind of refugee camp. There must earn the right to become a citizen first. Front of the camera, like a game show.

What do you think of the mother who must win the contest citizen first, either way
‘s an imperfect human being, I know. And sometimes you have to do reprehensible things to survive. But what you want, I like him. Because he’s a human being: a being who struggle. We see where that takes force does not have to find their way. It really is not your typical heroine. Not; it is not made of one piece.

What do you say of ourselves “L’altra border”
actually speaks of the very near future and that gives fear. I consist not find similar situations in very close locations. The approach is not so farfetched. Your life depends on where you were born, like now. “L’altra border” speaks of a people divided into first, second or third company. The reputation is everything; privacy does not exist.

A world broadcast 24 hours a day …
That sobering, also for her today. Right now it seems that everything happens at the hearing that has lost the concept of what is public and what is personal. Privacy is concerned. We are aware that our children share every second of your life in pictures. And for what? It scares me.

His character in “L’altra border,” Hannah, sell your privacy …
At the moment the line between public and private is becoming blurred. The film talks about social hypocrisy business is discovering the miseries of others. On television excellence is now displayed: the weaknesses of the people is. That sells. And new technologies all help.

is fought with new technologies
No; a little angry in case. I do not understand the need for young people to live as long under the gaze of others. I think it’s a generational issue. But I assure you that I stay back without any problems. I use the technology, of course. Telephone, internet and so on. But to the extent that I find useful. Either that attempt. Do not want to spend 24 hours in front of a screen hooked.

What relationship have with your profession?
I’m at a different point a few years ago. Maybe because I work less. By the crisis and by age (I get older I). But I do relatively. A few years ago I would never have said. I’m quiet. I love my job, have a good time on a film in the theater. But it is not necessary to live (even if it is for lunch). If it did not do more, I assure you that I do not go crazy. While before, as I say, my job was my rationale: it was my identity. But I like my job, eh! And I keep looking and I still do.

film projects
None.

You live in Madrid for 15 years, What is your relationship with Barcelona?
is a continuous and easy relationship. Next. But other than when you’re in town. Distance makes everything look differently. That sea of ​​esteradas surprised me, really. Something happens; something is happening. When I’m gone, I want to know what happens in Barcelona. And when I’m in Barcelona, ​​what happens outside. I think especially in these times, communication fault, need to talk more.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment