Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Chirbes dedicates the National Award for Fiction for “people on the street … – Reuters

MADRID / VALENCIA, 7 Oct. (IRIN) –

The Valencian writer Rafael Chirbes said dedicating the 2014 National Fiction Prize, awarded Tuesday for his work ‘ On the shore ‘(Anagram), to “ordinary people facing this dreadful and unjust society that governs and directs.”

As indicated by the author told Europa Press, these leaders referred to are those “behind” this novel. “They owe this book, because they were a source of inspiration led me to look inside myself to see the outrage,” he said.

Chirbes says it comes from “a very modest class” and, therefore, he has not thought about rejecting the award, as it did two years ago the writer Javier Marías. “For me it would be of tremendous pride to despise the work of the jury who gave me the award, there I was going through your head,” remarks

.

In this regard, stresses that “other thing is that it was a prize awarded by a dictator with blood on his hands “case that ensures that oppose and do not pick up.

For Chirbes,” books are books “then is your opinion about what he thinks about “who preside this.” “I do not know who will deliver, depending on it will tell you what I think.” “I’ve always said, now when was Franco, and small, that I could hardly punishment at school,” he says.

But he says he has to take “care”, since “there people who think that it is very rebellious and just when you realize dinner with the marquis, “he jokes.

As for the crisis and the abyss between reality and official versions, which currently stands Chirbes leaders they are counting “the same lies as usual.”

“While as the sandwich in the morning I put the news on TV. Today I saw six or seven ambulances ferrying a nurse wearing weeks complaining about the fever.’s paraphernalia, which is always better than “critical.

After receiving some of the most important awards of Spanish literature (Francis Threshold Award, the Critics Award and now National Narrative), just think Chirbes hide indoors, “to write” or touch “nose,” but only with “a few thousand books.” “Look for people at home have to talk and discuss and also never take the opposite me,” he concludes.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment