Saturday, September 27, 2014

Isaki Lacuesta: “Economic and political class gives more laughter than grief” – The Confidential

A group of men dressed as pandas shot everything that politician or banker who shot put … That was for a Spanish crisis was clear grotesque comedy, more unexpected is that the author of it out Isaki Lacuesta (Girona, 1975), another Spanish film icon, usually interested in issues and more experimental than the usual forms of national cinematography.

After winning the Golden Shell at San Sebastian The Double Steps (2011), Lacuesta returns to the scene with the eschatological comedy died over their chances .

How would you explain his film to a seven year old?

The grotesque comedy is the only way counting this country right now I’m afraid the seven year olds are too young yet to view it. They will have to wait a few years, when they want to know how was the Spain of the economic crisis. The film is a portrait of Spanish society counted in key black and grotesque comedy, perhaps the best way to tell this country right now; or rather, the only way.

When you spun the film, even thought of making a documentary about the economic crisis, but discarded in favor of black comedy. Why?

In the newspapers and on the news all translated into figures, this new language referring to finances but not people, and I do not understand anything … so I thought the only way to cope was laughing about it. I also toyed make a melodrama, the story of a desperate guy, like some I know, about to take the law into their own hands. I even thought about calling Austerity , but I realized it was pointless to spend two years rotating it because both the political and economic class and society as a whole give more laughter than grief. Spaniards are not conducive to drama elements, jump directly to the Lorca tragedy. We prefer to fall into the grotesque in the drama.

It seems as if the film wanted to turn homicidal fantasy -comments average citizen like “I solve this I killing all the politicians and bankers “- truly cinematic. Is that so?

The fantasies of murdering bankers are already part of our imaginary It is just that . The idea came when I found a friend, real estate developer in bankruptcy. He told me he wanted to start murdering bankers. As she spoke, I realized that the thing could be serious: I was telling a plan extremely elaborate and precise. “This guy has thought a long time and thought great,” I thought. The same week my bookseller told me something like sitting at the counter of a bar. These stories were already part of the imaginary country. The film, which starts there, it’s an ironic portrait of the imaginary. With a deft ironic sinister vocation and also to those who say you have to make the revolution … and immediately enter the den to order another round.

Political outbursts are wet bar in indeed a classic. Did you know that usually come from the mouths of people who were not too interested in intervening in politics and, in doing so suddenly and in an explosive personal context, I can not think of anything to become involved shooting spree say? From zero to infinity …

I am against the intellectual and moral revolutions. But at the same time, to see the things that happen I get a bad milk and a desire to affaire cakes you can not see. The film would be a dialogue between these two poles.

Why do you say that is against revolutions?

In general I find strategically wrong. I believe more in the development, evolution and reform. I am strategically reformer. And morally … Camus would explain much better than me … If you want to defend your ideas by force, at least be sure the strongest.

Machi, Coronado, Lacuesta and Pla. (Efe) Machi, Coronado, Lacuesta and Pla. (Efe)

The paradox of his captors is that, when asked what they want to release the minister and the banker, say that all we ask is that back to where we were before the crisis erupted. One of them even said that they are “liberal terrorists,” all a political shock, right?

“We are normal people like you, we want private property, are liberal,” they say. In the background is not bad the proposed plan, right? In Parliament vote far worse things …

The film was shot on a budget …

No, I do not really think I’ve spent too much money making … It was filmed cooperatively. No one has been charged. And we are now over a hundred people that trust that has good reception and can charge for our work. The bet was not stop making movies when everything pointed to had to stop. Being the first to go for what we do.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment