Saturday, September 27, 2014

Isaki Lacuesta: “The current Spanish society is already deformed” – Deia

donostia – Isaki Lacuesta, Golden Shell with The Double Steps (2011), returns to the fray with We die over their chances , screened out of competition. The film tells the story of five victims of the crisis, five middle class lose their minds and find their motivation when they meet in the psychiatric in which all of them end up hospitalized.

What happened to him?

A friend asked me the same.

Do you have any explanation?

Even a friend who hated my previous films, has told me that I will not interview and you feel bad. What I’ve done is what I always done: what I please. What I feel. When I released Convicted told me that one of my films did not appear. Anyone who has seen my films, you will probably be surprised less.

One of the triggers that ignited the flame was a visit to a public hospital. Was such a bad experience?

It was one of the triggers, such as reading newspapers and ending pissed. I had to channel it in some way. We had enough time on the waiting list for public health, and finally had to go private. That moment of hiatus suited me to write the script.

I noticed particularly enraged their environment in Catalonia?

‘In Spain. In a short ( The pig slaughter ) I did a colleague told me that it was pointless to vote and I thought shooting the bankers. A week later, my bookseller told me the same. The imaginary part of this country. My brother works at the Bank of Spain and told me that the best arguments were the banker.

If you are invited to defend his film and its stance on ‘Intereconomía’ or ’13TV’, would you go?

I do not like giving interviews. I do not feel. How are these programs?

Best Watch …

I do not usually see social gatherings. But I think I just would like to Intereconomía , because the Liceu Circle panels have fallen of the country and the president asked me if I wanted to shoot there.

Do you think the Spanish society is especially idiotic?

In Spain there is some wisdom in the form of life, but there is little interest in culture. If the government cuts in education and culture is that society allows.

So some philosophers act in the scenes of the asylum?

Yes, there are musicians, painters, theater people, like Miguel Morey, philosopher.

TVE produces the film. Did not opposed at any time for not wanting to upset the PP?

-Chapó for them. They have also funded my previous films. Private television channels have been more timid. It is true that criticized the cuts. My brother was in the office of the Ministry of Economy with the PSOE and …

Another brother?

‘The same (smiles). And economic policy was the same. Many politicians are brokers, hinges. They have some leeway relative.

Rate the movie as “grotesque punk”. Do not you think the term grotesque is used way too cheerful?

For me is an absurdity, which is the key word. The punk is for people to see that is not Valle Inclán. The company is already deformed.

The project has been co-actors-not cobraron-. How director has been a dictator?

We have all invested salary, job or money. And everyone has a percentage. The ultimate decision was mine.

Do you think one can feel offended by the film, as the members of the 15-M?

I went out to the street in Plaza Catalunya to film. It is unfair to ask immediate consequences. It is having long-term effects. Do not think anyone will bother.

Are you going to read the reviews of the movie?

‘In a few days. When I get bored shooting in the mountains.

He says he will not compete more festivals.

I know that these words, am I going to eat potatoes. I know I can not help it.

Do you think public to share ‘Torrente 5′?

I think so. No dealer wants to match.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment