Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I have chosen to go free makeup does not mean it is a ‘anti makeup’: Alicia Keys – Caracol Radio

singer Alicia Keys remains firm in its decision not to use makeup and showed again last weekend during the gala MTV Video Music Awards when appearing on stage with his face to the natural to present the award for best male video.

Although this is not the first time he appears with his face washed in a public act-and appeared on the red carpet at the BET awards last June without maquillar-, movement ‘no Makeup’ ( ‘without Makeup’ in Spanish) that is leading the interpreter has not ceased to arouse controversy to be understood by some as a way of blaming the women who use it.

Faced with criticism that has been receiving since his last appearance at the ceremony music awards, the artist has decided to answer his critics through his Twitter profile a brief message explaining that his stance means not being systematically against the makeup.

“for all that I have chosen to go free makeup not meant to be an ‘anti makeup’, do you understand?”, published alongside an image in which it appears blowing kisses to his readers.

Alicia Keys, who had headed before numerous protest campaigns linked to the protection of minorities, announced its decision to abandon the cosmetics last May through an open letter in the blog Lena Dunham, Lenny Letter, which also expressed its intention not to feel back to insecure to show to public opinion sporting his face as is actually .

“i never want to cover myself more. Neither my face, neither my mind nor my soul, not my thoughts, nor my dreams or my struggles, and my emotional growth. Nothing, “concluded the statement.

The initiative already joined other celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Demi Lovato , who have shared some snapshots their social networking profiles looking skin without makeup, although none have definitively renounced cosmetics to hide their imperfections.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment