Monday, November 9, 2015

George R. R. Martin plans a bittersweet ending for ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ – Blasting News

George R. R. Martin , author of the series A Song of Ice and Fire in which the television drama Game of Thrones is based, recently surprised his fans during a debate in the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University (. Evanston, Illinois USA) revealing some of his ideas to the end of his story

Martin stressed that attracts a bittersweet end. “I think we need to have a little hope. We all crave a happy ending in any sense. I myself am attracted me for a bittersweet ending. ” Moreover, he compared with this bittersweet ending saga of The Lord of the Rings JRR Tolkien. This is understood in the sense that The Return of the King when hobbits Frodo and his friends return to the Shire after defeating Sauron, they come back safely, but can not help but notice the consequences of war. Because after the huge mission that was entrusted to Frodo, save the world, they can not simply go home as if nothing had happened. Not after all they have seen and experienced.

Given all the political fabric of the Seven Kingdoms, the threat of the white walkers and the impending war, it is not surprising comparison made by Martin with the Tolkien saga, whose end said Martin was “brilliant”.

However, the possible bittersweet and hopeful I speak of is not the only thing revealed during the discussion end.

Apparently the creator of the West has been repeatedly criticized for not writing faster the remaining books of A Song of Ice and Fire, so he wanted to take the opportunity to give their opinion on the matter, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“I’ve been listening to years and the question is: How can I write faster? I think, for now, the answer is I can not. I write to the rhythm I write and what the series is doing is not going to change what books are. I started writing about these characters and their world in 1991, and we had the first meeting to create the series until 2008, so I was 17 years ahead “. Moreover, the author admitted that he never thought that the series would reach him. “The series has caught me, something I never thought would happen.”

Another thing that was revealed during the debate actual inspiration to create The Wall . According to The Hollywood Reporter, it all started in 1967 when Martin was a student at Chicago. “It was the coldest winter in Chicago,” he explained the author. “There was so much snow that winter you could not see, it was all snow and ice and it was always cold.” The streets reminded the trenches of the First World War, “but were trenches of ice.” “I remember walking through the tunnels of ice as the wind was blowing so hard that you could not even see,” says George RR Martin, “is an experience I will never forget.”

For now these are the revelations left us George RR Martin, not until the premiere of the sixth season of Game of Thrones and the publication of the last two books of the series to see what happens at the end.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment