Sunday, August 30, 2015

He Died Oliver Sacks, renowned neurologist and British writer – Pulzo

<- information & oacute;! n the art river ass ->

,

Die Oliver Sacks Sacks Oliver Sacks
AFP

This was confirmed to The New York Times his assistant Kate Edgar.

Sacks had already announced his illness in February this year when a melanoma detected in his eye spread to her liver, indicating Teinteresa.es. Since then, he knew that his cancer was terminal and that was in the last stage.

Oliver Sacks was recognized for his work in popularizing science and to explain to the general public, through his numerous works, syndromes such as Asperger and Tourette adds portal.

The work of Dr. Sacks also achieved a rare success for the scientific community. According to The New York Times, more than a million copies of his books in print in the United States, many of them adapted to film and theater. The newspaper also says Sacks could receive up to 10 thousand letters from its readers a year.

Recently, the writer had shared his experience of being conscious of death in the country of Spain. In an article titled “My periodic table,” Sacks says goodbye to life and regrets “not witness the new nuclear physics, or thousands of progress in the physical and biological sciences.”



A few weeks ago, in the countryside, away from city lights, I saw the whole sky “star-studded” (in the words of Milton). A sky, I figured, was due only to behold in dry highlands and elevated as the Atacama in Chile (where some of the most powerful telescopes in the world). Was that heavenly splendor that made me suddenly realize how little time, what little life was left me. For me, my perception of the beauty of heaven from eternity was linked inextricably to a sense of transience and death

I told my friends Kate Allen. ‘I like to see a sky so when they die ‘.

They answered me:’. We will push the wheelchair ‘

Since February, wrote that he had cancer with metastases, the hundreds of letters received expressions affection and appreciation, and the feeling that (yet) I’ve lived a good and fruitful life, they have comforted me. I am very happy and grateful for all that, but nothing has impressed me as much as I did that star-filled night sky. “

With these words in the Spanish daily, Sacks described what he meant for him to go in life, the rigors of the disease and the cravings that, for him, would be inconclusive.

element bismuth is 83. I do not think it reaches my 83rd birthday, but there is something encouraging in him close “

<- /> 11420885 / PULZO2_ARTICULO_IN-TEXT ->. <- art river! ass of galleries river as ->

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment