Sunday, December 11, 2016

Who took Dylan to become what he is? – Semana.com

Per Wästberg described Bob Dylan as a "rude and arrogant" for not responding to the calls of the Swedish Academy, that he wanted to inform him that he had been chosen as the winner of the Nobel prize of Literature. Dylan Received worse messages after decide not to attend the ceremony held in Stockholm on 10 December.

this is Not the first time that Dylan received this kind of comments. Throughout his career he has been labelled "pedantic" by his strange relationship with the public; sometimes does not speak, does not play the favorite songs, not pleased, does not seem to matter if you clap or barracks.

This relationship between the artist and his followers began in the 60′s when Dylan became a landmark of the folk for hits such as Blowin' in the Wind, Maters of war, or Talkin' World War III blues. For his next album, the disciples purists of folk were expecting more of the same, but Dylan surprised in 1965. Included in his music to electric instruments and letters religious, which cost him numerous criticisms. Even, in one of his presentations in that year he had to leave the stage by boos from the audience.

Recommend: Patti Smith pays tribute to Bob Dylan in the Nobel

In a number of concerts attendees were divided between those who accepted and those who do not. There were people who came to call him "Judas" in his tour of 1966. As a response, the musician commanded the band to play stronger songs like Like a Rolling Stone. Many said that he was acting as if it was on a "journey of death".

The relationship of Dylan with the public has been based on doing what he pleases and not what others expect of him. So, what of the Nobel peace prize is not a particular case. Nor was it to personally receive the Prince of Asturias of the Letters when they won in 2007.

however, when you want, you can also show your softer side. You can go to the public, to be funny, answer an interview, and even show humility and gratitude.

did So at the MusiCares Person Of the Year 2015, a ceremony devoted its edition fully to him. There the american, 75 years old, personally gave an extensive speech in which he spoke of his critics, singers who do not admire, but also took the opportunity to thank those who were instrumental in his career.

"I Know I should mention John Hammond, great talent scout Columbia Records. He got me a contract with that label when I was nobody. Put all your faith in it, and exposed himself to great ridicule, but he was his own owner and he had courage. That’s why we will always be grateful," said Dylan in his speech full of humor, that every now and then he repeated "I will make a song that is call 'Oh Lord! I hope you don’t get me wrong'”.

he Also said that The Staple Singers was one of his favorite groups of all time: Purvis Staples wanted to record three or four of my songs and he did it with The Staples Singers. They were the type of artists that I wanted recording my songs,".

see: The silence of Bob Dylan with his award

in Addition, he expressed his happiness because Nina Simone to record some of his lyrics. For Dylan Simone was an all-round artist. The fact that she recognized made him feel that he had a sense of what he was doing. And Jimi Hendrix should have paid attention to songs that no one was interested and became classics.

Johnny Cash he recalled with fondness: "he Recorded some of my songs when I was all skin and bones. He traveled long, he traveled hard, but it was one of my heroes. I Used to listen to several of their songs when I was a teenager. I knew better than my own Big River and I Walk the Line. I wrote It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding) with the song How high”s the water, Mama? to reverberate in my head. (…) Johnny Cash was a giant, the man in black. And always estimaré the friendship we had until the day in which the days no longer exist".

"Oh, and I would be remiss if did not mention Joan Baez. She was the queen of folk music then and now. She took liking to my songs and brought me with her to give concerts, where there were crowds of thousands of people captivated with your beauty and your voice," said Dylan.

In the ceremony there was even time for some anecdotes. He recalled that when presented with Baez the people said to the singer, "What are you doing with that tramp?", and she responded "it is better to you to be quiet and listen to their songs."

"Joan Baez is as determined as you can be. A love. I learned a lot of things from it. A woman of devastating honesty. And for that kind of love and devotion I can never repay my debt," he said.

Jerry Lee lewis defined as a child of rock and roll, like a man authentic and genuine that it could have been a star higher were it not for Billy Lee Riley. "you know what happens when there is someone like that: There is no possibility", said Dylan smiling.

Billy was a singer of a single hit, but for the Nobel prize only a few times, once in a while, "a feeling of a single success can have an impact much more powerful than a star that has recorded and left twenty or thirty successes".

The hit song of Billy was Red Hot. According to Dylan could "make you bust your skull and make you feel happy about it. It could change your life. I never get tired of listening to it. As I could not get enough of seeing act, Billy Lee."

And finally to your friend John Mellencamp attributed to one of the best songs of recent times Life is Short Even on its Longest Days.

Tip: Bob Dylan will be releasing a big box of 36 discs of their tour of 1966

The music of Dylan is as unexpected as their decisions, as their words. He warned in that speech, in which he was seen as smiling as almost never: "The times are always changing. You really make. And you should be ready always for something that hovers, and never had expected."

Also dismissed with a phrase such sweet and spiritual: "I am Still crossing the Jordan". I hope that we meet again. And what will we do if, like Hank Williams says, "it is the will of the good Lord and the creek overflows".

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment