Sunday, December 25, 2016

Carlos Alvarado: his adventures Camacho on Ebenezer Scrooge – The Nation Costa Rica

This 25 December, as every Christmas since 1843, the miser, Ebenezer Scrooge will take them a fright transformed into a different man: kind, caring and generous. That day, the actor Carlos Alvarado will revive in the tables, the endearing journey of the old selfish, written by Charles Dickens.

this Is the second year that it takes on the guise of the old man. Along with the rest of the cast of A Christmas carol , delivered a version at the Teatro Espressivo of a novel that the world does not tire of representing.

READ MORE: 'A Christmas story' launches holiday season

The only thing that Carlos has in common with the old man grumbling is that, from time to time, have to work during the holidays. This actor who wanted to dedicate themselves to fly planes, but opted for the theatre and now only flying with a simulator, we spoke of this role, her work in The island of men alone, , which means Camacho and his theatrical life.

You have said that the characters will always leave something. What it has brought Ebenezer Scrooge?

a Christmas carol grabbed more effective with everything that happens in the West, with this materialism. Greed, pride, that materialism makes me think that in the time that Dickens wrote the play and now goes virtually the same.

"The teaching is that the road is not there (the avaria, accumulate wealth regardless of anything or anyone, the arrogance, the lack of solidarity). The transformation that is taking Scrooge is the most interesting thing, the thing that leaves me".

How have you felt the response from the public in these two years in which he has interpreted the role?

Great. The public has been wonderful. This year, especially, there is euphoria in the work; the people come out very happy and applauded very much.

Will function on Sunday, December 25…

Yes, I have already had the experience of giving function in dates as well. It will be a very interesting function. The 25 one walks in another frequency; it is a day very beautiful. I’m going to give this (laughs).

Has lived contrasting roles: it went to reo in The island of men alone,, the miserly protagonist of a Christmas carol . How did this 2016?

Has been one of the most productive years. I am very grateful that I have taken into account for the projects in the Subject; there were very important papers.

"it Was nice to be in a project like The island of men alone, : we met and worked with the writer of the book, we made several trips to St. Luke…, this helped us to address the character and having an interesting job".

MORE INFORMATION: 'The island of men alone' contrasts the brutal and the poetic

what The island of men alone, was the process time consuming?

Physically was very strong. The trials lasted five hours, even some of them were 8 or 12 hours. You had to be physically strong. The prisoners had to be strong, but appear weak. I loved the strong process. In the beginning was grinning; however, after that one heats up, as he enjoys it.

When you look back, what are the works that have left a mark?

The lady in black, with Mauricio Astorga, is a work that I enjoy very much, it is a roller coaster ride for the actor; The old man with wings I was very moved and it was a really nice work that I remember with much affection; Puerto Limón; The prestaciones, Sergio Masís… Have been so many jobs in these 35 or 36 years in the theatre.

"I don’t have problems with change. To stay in the past is not an option, I prefer to be in the present. If one is in the past suffers a lot."

why did you decide to change the Law and aviation for the theater?

I Studied aviation. At the end of the 70′s had the hours, but had no silver; at that time, Lasca required a minimum of 600 hours, I had 200 and I had 400 to have the right to make examination of the company. I had already scraped the pot; I could not follow. I took this as a ‘be quiet’.

"In 1982 I entered in the National Workshop in Theatre (TNT). While there, I felt so good and I was going through the illusion of aviation. It was not a decision that happened suddenly; it was dying, my interest in aviation because I began to deal with a lot in theatre. That was a process of three or four years; it was a natural transition.

"Occasionally, I will fly when I call them friends. Now, I have a simulator of flight in the computer and I’m getting accessories. I enjoy the flights to Panama, Colombia… Is a program for those who know how to fly."

what And how I arrived at the theater?

The theatre I was passing by the head. My family knew Nico Baker and I was introduced to him by 10 years; then, I only knew 'doing weird things'. At the age of 22, I asked him what it was all about what he was doing.

"By that time they had made the movie The insurrection , with Carlos Catania, Guido Saenz, Vicky Montero, and Oscar Castle, and I went to see the film. I was impressed to know that there were actors ticos and asked to Nico: 'How Do you be an actor?' I wrote on a slip of paper the name and the phone number of Oscar Fessler, of the National Workshop of Theatre; he told me to go and tell him that I was interested in the action. It took about a year, I ended up with a girlfriend, could not fly because it had no silver, and, being so depressed, searching through some drawers, I found that paper.

"I Went, I met Luis Fernando Gómez (award-winning actor national), who interviewed me . I did a monologue that I was accepted into the TNT. I had never been in a place that I liked so much everything that was done and talked. From that moment on was a gradual process. And here I am; this is what I like and I’ve had good opportunities."

Are you satisfied with the decisions you made?

of Course, although for a moment I freaked out. Even, I studied three or four years Right. I liked what I was doing, but I felt that I had to study other things; it was as to take away my sins, even though no one I was pushing; it was strange.

"After I decided I’m going to drop everything and devote 100% to this. And I was well; I’ve had a lot of possibilities and variety of jobs: in events, radio, cinema…

"I feel privileged. One is not going to make you rich with this, but live quiet. I still have two years to pensionarme; however, I could never stop working until you give me the brain".

Since 2000, the burden on the shoulders Camacho, character of The board… do You have trouble not encajonen in Camacho? What is the meaning of that role?

I Am a theatre actor who makes television. Camacho has opened to me doors: for other works in audiovisual productions and in some domestic issues, of course, without to take advantage. I have a very low profile; I’m very theatrical, very in.

"I have to thank a lot to the Castle for this. Camacho what I have come to love so much. At first I fell bad for the machismo and all those things. Already then I understood that it is a caricature. Now, how I enjoy it! I could do it until you die."

How do you see the current landscape of theatre in costa rican?

I See a lot of movement, more people, More theaters, although sometimes the quality is not the best. Maybe what I feel sometimes is that you put light in certain matters.

"There are two scenarios. On the one hand, you will find a part that works well, with good content and is aesthetically interesting. On the other, there is a proliferation, but some are more light , it matters more the way, and it privileges the visual, and there is less carnita; missing content and investigate more.

"What cannot be denied is that there is more diversity now: in theaters, genres and groups."

what are excited?

I look forward to continue doing what I do until you give me the memory and be able to travel with my wife. My daughter caroline will be home soon and my dream is what remains for her. I would like to take it more smooth, but that I say until I have important projects and I’m interested in because I have the energy to make them.

ddiaz@nacion.com

Editor of Entertainment and Culture

a Journalist and a graduate of the Master of Literature of the UCR. Specialized in news coverage of subjects related to theatre, dance, music, literature, plastic arts, heritage and architecture. The editor of the Anchor.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment