Monday, December 26, 2016

Video: The day that George Michael was declared homosexual – Ourplanet.hn

New York, united States
In an old interview to the american chain CNN, the late british singer-songwriter George Michael has publicly admitted his sexual orientation, at the same time that he confessed that he had a relationship with another man.

"I spent half of my career being accused of being gay when it had nothing with a relationship gay, in fact, it was not until the age of 27 when I had one. So I spent my youth with people telling me what my sexuality really is," explained Michael.

in Addition, the singer said that at that time everything was confusing for him. "When I finally understood what it was and I stopped having intercourse with women, was so outraged by the way in which I was treated," he said.

The artist said that at some point you said that it would keep your secret about his homosexuality, because he felt that no one would know it and would not tell it.

“But this is as good a time as any… I want to say that I don’t have any problem with people knowing that I’m in a relationship with a man right now. I have not had a relationship with a woman for 10 years”, confessed to the british.

Secret
George Michael kept in secret for a long time his homosexuality but, stimulated by his ‘coming out’ to the end of the 1990s
, the british singer ended up committing publicly in the defense of the rights of gays.

The artist recently revealed his homosexuality in 1998-after 20 years of career, after having been arrested by indecent assault in public restrooms Los Angeles (united States).

open Secret in the entertainment world, however, his sexual orientation was not known until then by the public at large. He would later say that he did not talk about the subject while he was alive his mother.

“For parents in the 1980′s, being gay often meant being hiv-positive (HIV infection)“, there would be merit in 2007 during an interview with BBC Radio.

“My mother was still alive and would have been a nightmare everyday for her to think that I could be affected” by the virus, he added the artist, who says he realized that he was gay towards the end of the 1980s.

“At the time, the tabloids were terrible with the personalities homosexuals”, explains Peter Tatchell, one of the main militant british for the rights of gay, for whom Michael feared not only the reaction of his mother. “Were denigrated and mancillados. is Being gay was seen as a scandal and a disgrace“, he adds.

Worst: the explosion of aids led, according to Tatchell à a hardening of homophobia. “The gay-bashing (attack), and the murder of homosexuals exploited. It was a terrible time for the gay, and even more so for public figures,” he says.

“If George would have revealed his homosexuality in that time, it would have perhaps been able to fight against this”, judge mr Tatchell. “But, I understand very well why he did not”, he says.

Your first love dies of aids
During a concert in Rio de Janeiro in 1991, the british of Greek origin, met Anselmo Feleppa, a designer brazilian who was to become his first great love.

“it Is very difficult to claim your sexuality in this gives you no joy, but that it becomes less hard once you’ve found true love”, was confident the singer in an interview with the Huffington Post.

after six months of relationship, the brazilian sole that is hiv-positive (HIV), which was a great shock to Michael. “could Not pass that proof along to my family as I did not know as to tell. Even, they did not know that I was gay. Nor could I discuss it with my closest friends, because Anselm did not want to do so”, he noted.

His companion passed away in 1993 because of a brain hemorrhage caused by the virus.

“heaven gave it to me/ The sky I took away/ you smiled at Me/ Like Jesus to a child”, I’d sing in 1996, Michael in “Jesus To a Child”, a tribute to Anselm.

“To my fans and those who really listened to the lyrics, I had the impression that trying to announce my ‘coming-out’”, tell you later.

The trigger element will ultimately be his arrest in 1998 in Los Angeles: “a deliberate act sparked by my unconscious,” explained to the BBC, lamenting not having revealed before his homosexuality.

“I don’t think that would have made the same career -and perhaps my ego would not have been satisfied in all respects, but without a doubt it would have been a man more happy”, would you judge later.

The year of your departure from the closet, the british began to commit themselves publicly with the cause of homosexual, helping to the realization of a documentary in which were the portraits of six young people affected by HIV.

Away from the spotlight, the artist also financed Terrence Higgins Trust, a british organisation of the fight against HIV.

“Your donations helped to forge a vision of a world in which people affected by HIV living with good health, apart from prejudice and discrimination”, said on Monday the organization in your account on the network Facebook.

His death
last Sunday, his press agent reported to the media that the exintegrante of Wham died "peacefully at his home". Still unknown the causes of the death of the performer of “Praying for time“.

In a statement, his publicist said: “it is With great sadness we confirm that our beloved son, brother and friend George died peacefully in his home during the Christmas period”.

Michael, who was born under the name of Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou in north London, sold more than 100 million albums in a career of nearly four decades.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment