Tuesday, May 24, 2016

McCartney became depressed after the breakup of the Beatles – The Nacional.com

Paul McCartney began drinking more than necessary and almost left the world of music after the breakup of The Beatles in 1970, the musician said in an interview with BBC Radio broadcast on Saturday. Bassist and singer of the legendary British group said it eventually forming the band Wings when he had had enough of drinking, a year later.

“I walked away from my friends, not knowing whether would continue in music, “he told BBC radio, in excerpts were broadcast interview. “I started drinking (…) At first it was fine, but then no longer enjoyed. It did not work. I wanted to start again, so I ended up forming Wings”. The band armed with his wife Linda, with the idea of ​​playing in unadvertised student concerts.

He admitted that the criticism he received Wings at first were understandable, because his wife I was learning to play keyboards. “To be fair, we were not very good. We were bad. We knew that Linda knew not touch, but learned, and, looking back, I’m glad to have done,” he said. “I could have it formed a supergroup, call Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and John Bonham, but in the end we were making progress (…), it was fun.” McCartney, 73-year-old said he was glad he had made peace with John Lennon before the murder of his fellow Beatles. “I was glad we reconciliáramos before his death. Because would have been difficult … Well, it was difficult anyway,” he said,

In 1982, McCartney he wrote the song “Here Today” about Lennon. “I thought about all the things I never told you. I am very reserved and do not like to reveal much. Why do people have to know my innermost thoughts? But a song is the place to dump them. In ‘Here Today’ told ‘I love you’ to John, “he said.
_mce_bogus=”1″

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment