Tuesday, May 31, 2016

John Carney criticized Keira Knightley: ‘will never make a film with a supermodel’ – La Prensa de Honduras

Los Angeles, United States.

Three years after the premiere of the musical Begin Again , the director John Carney decided to reveal to work with the star Keira Knightley rendered a martyrdom.

“I learned that I’ll never make a movie with a supermodel ” said the director in an interview with the Independent newspaper.

for Carney, one of the main difficulties was that the actress did not know how to play the guitar, plus it was always surrounded by an entourage of assistants.

“I think the real problem was that Keira was not even a guitarist and singer is very difficult to make the music seem real if not a musician. [...] what is Keira is hiding who he is and I do not think you can be an actor and do that. [...] not that hate Hollywood, but I like working with actors curious and appropriate, instead of movie stars, “said the filmmaker.

I think the problem Real was that Keira was not a singer not a guitarist and is very difficult to make the music seem real if not a musician.

John Carney

While Carney said his intention was not to badmouth Knightley, mentioned that she is not prepared for the level of honesty and self-criticism that require interpretation of a certain role.

the opinion of Carney differs from that expressed by filmmaker David Cronenberg, who directed Knightley in a Dangerous Method (2011) and called it a “fantastic” actress in an interview with the Film Comment site.

“I need very few takes. We were all impressed. It was incredibly well prepared. She does these amazing things, allowing me say that it is one of the best actresses I’ve worked with, “he said.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment