Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Almodóvar: “Old age is not a disease, is a slaughter” – Clarín.com

CANNES. Special Envoy

Black goggles, shoes, green and camperita tone shirt, grayer hair than ever, with a scribbles birome roles while answering questions from reporters, Pedro Almodóvar is another darling of the Cannes Film Festival . He arrived with Juliet, a drier than we are accustomed melodrama.

“It’s my 20th film, not that I wanted to do something special. It does not change the attitude to write and to direct it. The important thing is always the story, “rip manchego, whose film opens in Argentina on June 23 and includes Dario Grandinetti as supporting actor.

director The Skin I Live and the law of desire took three stories of Canadian Alice Munro ( “a housewife like me”) only as a basis to focus on a woman suffering various losses since his youth in the ’80 to the present (played by Adriana Ugarte and Emma Suarez, respectively), and tries to resume contact with his daughter.

involved in the Panama Papers & quot;. If  the papers were a movie, my brother and I just  would be extras, extras & quot ;, said the  director, included in the leaks EFE..

Papers involved in Panama. “If the papers were a movie, my brother and I would be just extras, extras.” Replied the director, he included in the leaks. EFE

“I have no talent or Spielberg Allen, respect the positions of the two, but I prefer to show my film in competition. The come see, will receive criticism, it is always more exciting to me. And so prove that I am not a sacred cow, “answered about why not rather be out of the discussion for the awards.

Pedro not stop throwing self-definitions. “I am the son of Technicolor, I like vibrant colors, very contrasting, very alive. My spirit is pulling the Baroque. I am a child of the ’60s, I trained in pop art, with exaggerated colors. ” And, yes, surprised with a hidden history.

“I found when I did Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown that my mother had dressed in black, mourning, from 3 years, and when I conceived was also dressed in black. The black, I come here a lot in the finery of the red carpet, it’s wonderful, except when it is imposed as a child. In that sense it is a curse, “he strafed.

And again a mother is the protagonist of a film his.” I have returned to a place that I’ll never leave entirely, which is the female universe. I made many films about mothers, but Juliet is the most vulnerable, which has less ability to fight. the above have been superhuman. but Juliet has a desperate passive restraint, if that were possible. “

true Juliet , which was received with applause, has a final “open to hope, but not entirely so happy, and I chose the voice of Chavela Vargas to trigger emotion. ‘you If you go away … at that moment I die’ “, he said it was a tribute to Mexican singer.

Pedro and his two wives. Adriana Ugarte and  Emma Suarez, who play the protagonist at different  times of his life, in presenting & quot;! Juliet &  quot; in Cannes. AFP

Pedro and his two wives. Adriana Ugarte and Emma Suarez, who play the protagonist at different times of his life, in presenting!” Juliet “in Cannes. AFP

When premiered in April in Spain, Almodóvar did not give grades because his name appeared in the Panama Papers. When after sweeten the ears first, telling him how he liked his film, a reporter asked how he could modify his career the Panama Papers , replied: “One of the problems is that the Spanish press has treated me and my brother like we were absolute stars. That is not fair. If the papers were a movie, my brother and I would be just extras, extras. There are so many names behind which we do not know what is the matter, “and went on.” To you has not prevented you see the movie and liked it, that’s what I hope the rest of the public “

And he told one critic says many of his films are “Almodramas. there are many songs, more garish than ever colors, brash characters there is no shame or me or the actors but Juliet. is not metadrama or almodrama, but a sober drama, very content, which was what the story was told. “

And about the time he said laughing that” not that I feel old, but I’m in it I take a phrase from Philip Roth.. ‘old age is not a disease but a slaughter’ “

Boos for Kristen Stewart and a film Sonia Braga

Kristen Stewart and Frenchman Olivier  Assayas, competing with & quot; Personal Shopper  & quot ;. REUTERS

Kristen Stewart and Frenchman Olivier Assayas, competing with” Personal Shopper “. REUTERS

Also in competition for the Palme d’Or the press did not receive either Personal Shopper Olivier Assayas, which ended booed after the screening for criticism. the director of summer hours reunites with Kristen Stewart after the very good the other side of success , who competed here in Cannes two years ago.

the star Twilight is Maureen, who responsible for making purchases a media personality in the world of fashion can not perform. But just as surprised that Bruno Dumont present here a comedy ( Ma Loute ) so does this story with intertwined spirits. Maureen perceived, is harassed by one and you wish to contact her dead brother.

the inclusion of ghostly presences in everyday life has become heritage of horror, and Personal Shopper is not just that . and sun drama with intrigue and death in which Stewart is almost 99% of screen time. But the film disappoints coming from a Assayas- -the talent in the service of a film by a minor.

The only Latin American presence in competition is the Brazilian Aquarius , filmmaker and film critic Kleber Mendonça Filho, with Sonia Braga. Actress Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands is Clara, the woman who at 65 years after beating cancer breast is the sole owner of a waterfront building in Recife, which refuses to sell it to a developer.

in a conventional structure, it is a plea against power in Braga, 40 years of Dona Flor and her two husbands , dares to undress and have sex scenes and his best time. And he used to talk about the ouster of President Dilma.

“I live in the United States but also in Brazil, I have family and friends there and I think what is happening, the manipulation takes power, must be exposed to the whole world, “he said.

In the certain Regard FIMES were also baffling. But Singapore reached Apprentice Junfeng Boo, prison story about a young assistant becomes of the former executor of his father in prison, probably the best so far in the second competitive section of the festival.

But the surprises were Romanian Caini (Dogs), the debut of Bogdan Mirica, because it departs from what the Romanian cinema has us aocstrumbrado, s that suffocating realism, is a thriller that seems Australian environment and climate, about a young man who comes to the land of his late grandfather, to sell, knowing that those who worked for him are not going to stop doing without, say, battle. And the Israeli ( Beyond the Mountains and Hills ), deEran Kolirin, confrontational film about the members of a afamilia (father, mother, son and daughter) that s even wrapped, by choice, in different crimes or acts that today afflict them or not consciousness. And that raises not only ethical questions but not stop the director makes it relative to its position before the murder of an innocent Palestinian.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment