Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Velázquez Prize honors Esther Ferrer delivery to a … – The Truth

Considered the first ‘performer’ Spanish, Esther Ferrer is a committed artist ‘with contemporary creative and social future “and has always been” an advocate of art as a single area of ​​freedom. ” This was considered the jury that awarded the Velázquez Visual Arts Prize 2014 donostiarra artist, settled since the seventies in Paris. The prize, worth 100,000 euros, is awarded by the Ministry of Education since 2002 and honors the work of a creator in any of its manifestations.



The Most

as 50

Born in San Sebastián in 1937, from the French capital Esther Ferrer acknowledges that it has received “anguish” the news, as their claim “is passed as unnoticed as possible.” Along with the Colombian Doris Salcedo, is the second woman recognized with this award, created with the aim of becoming the Cervantes arts.

“At first step always bad, but then I digest and downplayed. I always aspired to pass unnoticed as possible, that neither me nor see me look. I’ve never done anything for recognition or do something, or I have asked a help. I want to be as far away as possible from anything official, “says the artist, National Arts Award 2008.

However, the Secretary of State for Culture, Jose Maria Lassalle, in charge of making public failure to award commitments Minister Jose Ignacio Wert, said he had spoken to her “and expressed his satisfaction and I liked to have received the Velázquez Prize.”

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment